Love God with PEP (Prayer, Energy, and Passion)
Grace’s mission statement – adopted in 2013 – is based on Mark 12: 29-31. “Jesus answered, ‘The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.'”
What Does It Mean to Us?
We Pray for our family, friends, and neighbors.
We exert endless amounts of Energy to uplift our community.
We express Passion for spreading God’s love through helping others.
Our Mission in Action
Grace strives to put our mission into practice each and every day. Here are just a few examples of how we’ve turned our words into actions:
- Grace publishes Daily Devotionals on our Facebook page to provide our friends with spiritual reflection and food-for-thought.
- Grace highlights local businesses through the Spotlight on Local Business page in our monthly newsletter.
- Once a month, volunteers join Grace’s pastor at the Lehigh Conference of Churches Kitchen to distribute meals to those in need.
- When church dinners are held, Grace works with the local Northampton School District to provide complimentary meals to families who are going through difficult times.
- Grace conducts various charity collections throughout the year, such as our monthly Food Bank Sundays, Christmas Mitten Tree, and Family Celebration where we provide Christmas gifts to families in need.
Grace’s mission centers around serving our local community. If you know of a local need, please contact Grace and we will do our best to help.