Grace is a member of the Penn Northeast Conference (PNEC) of the United Church of Christ (UCC).
- We believe in two sacraments – Baptism and Holy Communion. Both of these sacraments are representative of our human response to God’s gifts of acceptance and forgiveness. We practice these sacraments as a way to celebrate our unity with God.
- We believe the Bible is Holy Scripture and God-inspired. As we study the Word, we are always listening for how “God Is Still Speaking.” There is always more light and truth to break forth from God’s word and we should always be open in our understanding of how God is teaching us to live today.
- We believe in the priesthood of all believers, which means all who profess belief in Jesus as Christ are called to minister to others as their spiritually-given gifts allow. We are led in this endeavor through worship, prayer, and personal devotions and are called to minister to others both within and outside the church.
- We believe in these words from John’s gospel: “That They May All Be One” (John 17:21). This is our motto and is found in our logo as a reminder of how this denomination was formed by the merger of four separate denominations. We believe in a spirit of unity and that we should strive to be a uniting church as well as a united church.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local congregation. Each congregation is free to act in accordance with the collective decisions of its members but must also live in a loving covenantal relationship with the National UCC church, other faith communities, and one another.